ThermaData WiFi not being detected by USB
When connecting a ThermaData WiFi Instrument to a PC via USB, it is important that the device has been recognised by the PC. If you are struggling to communicate with a ThermaData WiFi instrument within Studio it may suggest that the PC cannot see the instrument. To check and fix this please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Device Manager on the PC.
- Expand 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' and look for 'ThermaData WiFi (model)'.
- If this cannot be seen, try unplugging and re-plugging the instrument.
- If it persists, try expanding ‘Human interface Devices’ and look for a 'USB Input Device' with an '!' next to it.
Tip: unplug and re-plug the USB to ensure that this is the correct device.
- Right click on this device and select "Update Driver".
- Select 'Search automatically for drivers'.
- A message will appear stating how up to date the drivers are.
- Alternatively, return to point 5, and instead of selecting 'Update Driver' choose 'Uninstall device', and then click 'Uninstall'.
- The Device will disappear from the list, so will need unplugging then re-plugging, until it appears within 'Universal Serial Bus controllers'.
- If you are still unable to communicate with the ThermaData WiFi within ThermaData Studio, contact email@example.com
Windows 7 Only
For Windows 7, please follow the steps above, however if you see "HP Printer (BIDI)" listed within the 'Universal Serial Bus controllers', please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Device manager on the PC.
- Expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers" can you see the following "HP Printer (BIDI)":
If so, this has occurred due to a recent Microsoft update.
- To reset the instrument, right click on the icon and choose "Update Driver Software".
- Choose "Browse my computer for driver software".
- Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
- Choose "WinUSB Device" with the certificate icon after it, and Next
- The instrument will now work in ThermaData Studio on this PC.
For further support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org